We recommend that you read through this page completely before starting this module. Below you will find an explanation of how to work through this module. You have the freedom to tackle different parts in any order so once you have finished this page you may like to view Fitting the Module to your own Learning Style to decide how you want to learn.
You can work through this module at your own pace. You can stop part way through a lesson and restart from where you left off. This applies even if you were working on a desktop computer in your office and restart on a smartphone or tablet at home or when travelling.
We estimate that it will take about 3 - 4 hours to complete this module but, of course, that depends to some extent on your style of learning.
Working through the Module
This module contains the following items. In each case an estimate of the time it will take to study that item is provided. You do not need to complete every item to complete the module, some items are provided to give you alternative ways of learning.
- Lessons: Lessons contain what you need to learn. They also include interactive questions that will help you assess if you are learning. A Lesson will normally take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Case Study: A Case Study is an in-depth example based on the topic of the module. It requires you to make decisions similar to those you would make in the course of your work. It is therefore a good way to assess whether or not you can apply what you have learned. A Case Study will normally take about 30 minutes to complete.
- eNotes: eNotes contain the text parts of all the Lessons. They are an alternative to taking the Lessons if you prefer to read or are in a situation where reading is more convenient. You can print out eNotes or view them on e-readers, smartphones or tablets. Reading and understanding eNotes will normally take about an hour.
- Resources: Resources are supporting that, while not strictly necessary for the completion of the module, add considerable depth to the subject. As some resources are very substantial they may take several hours to read or much less if they are used for reference.
- Practice Quiz: The practice quiz takes exactly the same form as the final exam. You can take the practice quiz as many times as you like. You can also take it at any time - even at the start to gauge what you know. When you take the practice quiz you will be given feedback to help you understand the correct answers. Each time you try the Practice Quiz, it will probably take about 15 minutes.
- Final Exam: The final exam will be automatically marked and you will immediately know your grade. A pass grade requires a score of at least 70%. If this is not achieved the first time you take the Final Exam then you may take it again, usually after revision and more attempts at the Practice Exam. Only two attempts at the Final Exam are permitted.
Certification, Badge and Credit
Once you have successfully completed the final exam you will be awarded the certificate and badge for this module. You may print the certificate at any time. You can publish your badges on various platforms such as LinkedIn and Mozilla Backpack. Your achievement is also recorded on your Record of Learning and is available for you to share with others if you choose.